Dear Residents, April 2018
For Residents in Kingston Ward (Falmer, St Ann Without, Kingston, Swanborough, Iford, Northease, Rodmell, Southease, Piddinghoe)
Friday, 4 May between 6 and 8pm, Kingston Parish Hall, The Street, Kingston
We will both take the opportunity to report back to you on the past year, however, the focus will mainly be on current issues in the ward, at the Lewes Racecourse and generally in the district but you can raise any subject. Here is a list of subjects we hope to cover:
- Publication of the South Downs National Park Local Plan – see notes below.
- Consultation on the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) closes on 10th May
- Iford farm estate plan – recently approved by the National Park
- Lewes Racecourse planning applications and enforcement matters
- Shooting on the Downs – progress on the Lawful Development Certificate application
- New Transport Vision for the Sussex Coast by SCATE
- Government plans for the A27
- C7 Road safety and the effect of increased traffic caused by developments in Newhaven and Peacehaven etc
- Highways repairs and safety projects
- Bus services and tourism
- Rail services and the campaign to restore the Lewes to Uckfield railway line
- Footpath, bridleways and multi-user paths developments associated with the Holiday Lodge development
- Bridleway and footpath issues
- Cycling and walking investment proposals to be considered by ESCC
- Waste, Recycling & Litter and the campaign for a plastic-free Lewes District
- Air Pollution
- ESCC Cuts
- Funding of local projects including applying for funding via the Community Infrastructure Levy grants
Sarah and I are looking forward to discussing these and other issues concerning the ward with you. I’m hoping I can help you campaign on some of the issues which are of concern to you and also to use my influence as your councillor to represent you on these and other issues.
Notes (item 1):
It is anticipated that the South Downs National Park will have published the final version of their plan and submitted it to the Government for approval by the end of April 2018. The Government will then appoint an inspector who will hold a hearing/s to review the plan. Following this, the inspector will make a recommendation to the government. From what I hear the whole process is likely to be over by September 2018.
We look forward to seeing you.
PS: If you’d like to catch up with all my news please follow my website, Facebook or Twitter:
Lewes District Councillor – [Kingston Ward: Falmer – St Ann Without – Kingston – Swanborough – Iford – Northease – Rodmell – Southease – Piddinghoe]
T: 07788720929 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: https://sussexcampaign.com/
https://www.facebook.com/CllrVicIentLibDem/ https://twitter.com/victor_ient Google: SussexCampaign